Creating a climate for great learning,
success and opportunity.
Benton Park school was built in the grounds of old Benton Park house. The school was begun by Joseph Riley in 1838 and by 1851 he had 33 boys in residence. His son John was also a teacher there. In the 1860s it was bought by the Milligan family for use as a private home and was not used as an educational establishment until Littlemoor School utilized the premises as a senior department until 1957 when the building was demolished.
The new school was built by Sir John Burnet, Tait and Partners in the late 1950s and early 60s being formally opened by Lord ST.Oswald on Saturday 11 March 1961.